The 2023 World Car Award winners will be announced at the New York International Automobile Show on Wednesday, April 5, 2023. The official launch of the 19th World Car Awards program will take placevirtually on Tuesday, Sept. 6 when the list of eligible vehicles will be released.
“We are thrilled to welcome back the number one automobile awards program to the New York Auto Show in the number one media market in the country,” said Mark Schienberg, president of the New York Auto Show.
“Each year the World Car event gets even more impressive reaching more media and consumers around the world. The individual awards provide an incredible stamp of approval that unquestionably helps to boosts the sales of the vehicles that win them,” continue Schienberg.
TIMELINE TO NEW YORK WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT
· September 6, 2022: Official launch of The Road to World Car 2023.
· September – January 2023: Jurors test-drive the 2023 eligible vehicles.
· November 13 – 16, 2022: L.A. Test Drives in Pasadena, CA.
· January 30, 2023: Jurors’ first vote round.
· February 14, 2023: Top 10 WCOTY and Top 5 in other categories announced. Second round of jurors’ test-drives and voting begins.
· February 28, 2023: Jurors’ ballots submitted for overall winners.
· March 14, 2023: Top 3 in the World announced.
· April 5, 2023: THE WINNERS – All World Car award winners announced at the New York Auto Show.